Please join us!
Event Venue: The Bronx Zoo - 2300 Southern Boulevard, Bronx Park, Bronx, New York. Our 2021 New York City Congenital Heart Walk is planned to be both virtual and in-person! Register now so you'll receive details on participation! Please note - this event includes a $30 minimum fundraising/donation requirement for all guests over 2, and this includes general admission to all open exhibits and attractions (except Treetop Adventure Park) and a Classic Barbecue Lunch!
● Walk Week (September 23 - 24, 2021) – Our Walk week includes a 2-day virtual Walk program, with videos and activities at our New York City Congenital Heart Walk Facebook pagee. Our Virtual Walk Week includes the folowing live events:Congenital Heart Bingo – Thursday, 5 pm ET (download your BINGO Card here!)
Heart Angel Luminary Lighting – Thursday, 6 pm ET
All Heart Angel families are invited to send a photo or other remembrance of your Heart Angel, to be included in our on-screen Walk Day remembrance. Please email your Angel’s name, photo, message or other remembrance to WalkForCHDResearch@childrensheartfoundation.org and indicate the New York City Congenital Heart Walk in the Email subject line. Please email at least two days before Walk Day.
● Walk Day - (September 26, 2021) - Join us live at 10:30 a.m.* for our Welcome, Mission updates, Moment of Silence and Heart Angel Remembrance, Research Remarks, Acknowledgments, Awards and Entertainment! Then, whether the event is in person or virtual, walk wherever you are, and share your photos by tagging us (@WalkforCHDResearch) and using hashtags (#WalkForCHDResearch, #NewYorkCityCHDWalk, #NewYorkCityCHW)! Detailed schedule:
- 9:30 a.m. Registration and wristbanding open at Zoo entrance from 2300 Southern Boulevard parking lot.Indoor exhibit entry requires proof of vaccination, and Bronx Zoo officials will be checking guest vaccine information for purposes of wristbanding guests for indoor entry. Guests 12 and older who are not vaccinated may visit the Zoo for an Outdoors-Only visit. More information is available at the Zoo’s website.
- 10:00 a.m. Guest entry into the Dancing Crane Pavilion.
- 10:30 a.m. Remarks program begins
- Walk - Walk around the Zoo, immediately following remarks program
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch served in Dancing Crane Pavilion
For any in-person events, our decision to hold the event will be subject to a full review of safety conditions, and all applicable health advisories. In-person events will reflect health guidance, venue requirements and restrictions, and with strict safety health protocols in place.
*Times may be adjusted. Please check back closer to walk day!
Parking Instructions and Details: Zoo parking lots and street parking are available, each at guest expense.