Please join us!
Please follow our Detroit Congenital Heart Walk Facebook page to stay up to date on important event information!
● Walk Week (September 16 - 17, 2021) – We’ll soon share details of our pre-Walk activities, with plenty of activities! Registered walkers will receive a Participant Guide with all the details you’ll need, for activities to bring together Heart Warrior and Heart Angel families, cardiologists, researchers and medical professionals, artists, entertainers, special visitors, and with your help, new supporters!
All Heart Angel families are invited to send a photo or other remembrance of your Heart Angel, to be included in our on-screen Walk Day remembrance. Please email your Angel’s name, photo, message or other remembrance to WalkForCHDResearch@childrensheartfoundation.org and indicate the Detroit Congenital Heart Walk in the Email subject line. Please email at least two days before Walk Day.
● Walk Day - (September 18, 2021) - Join us live at 10 a.m.* for our Welcome, Mission updates, Moment of Silence and Heart Angel Remembrance, Research Remarks, Acknowledgments, Awards and Entertainment! Then, whether the event is in person or virtual, walk wherever you are, and share your photos by tagging us (@WalkforCHDResearch) and using hashtags (#WalkForCHDResearch, #DetroitCHDWalk, #DetroitCHW)! Detailed schedule to follow.
Detailed Event Schedule at the Rochester Municipal Park:
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Guest arrival, registration and check in, Pre-remarks activities/Family Hour
- 10:00 a.m. - Remarks program
- 10:45 a.m. - Walk begins, followed by post-walk gathering and refreshments
- 12:30 p.m. - Event Close
*Times may be adjusted. Please check back closer to walk day!
Parking Instructions and Details: Parking is available at the venue, and additional parking is available at 410 Walnut Blvd, Rochester, MI 48307.