Please join us!
Event Venue: Philadelphia Zoo - 3400 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA. Our 2021 Philadelphia Congenital Heart Walk is planned to be both virtual and in-person! Register now so you'll receive details on participation!
Please follow our Philadelphia Congenital Heart Walk Facebook page to stay up to date on important event information!
● Walk Week (July 29 - 30, 2021) – We’ll soon share details of our pre-Walk activities, with plenty of activities! Registered walkers will receive a Participant Guide with all the details you’ll need, for activities to bring together Heart Warrior and Heart Angel families, cardiologists, researchers and medical professionals, artists, entertainers, special visitors, and with your help, new supporters!
All Heart Angel families are invited to send a photo or other remembrance of your Heart Angel, to be included in our on-screen Walk Day remembrance. Please email your Angel’s name, photo, message or other remembrance to WalkForCHDResearch@childrensheartfoundation.org and indicate the Philadelphia Congenital Heart Walk in the Email subject line. Please email at least two days before Walk Day.
● Walk Day - (July 31, 2021) - Join us live for our Welcome, Mission updates, Moment of Silence and Heart Angel Remembrance, Research Remarks, Acknowledgments, Awards and Entertainment! Please note, this event has a $20 minimum fundraising requirement per person, for all guests over age 2.
Detailed Event Schedule at the Philadelphia Zoo:
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Guest arrival, registration and check in, Pre-remarks activities
- 8:30 a.m. - Remarks program
- 9:15 a.m. - Walk begins
- 10:00 a.m. Post-walk gathering and refreshments in the Peacock Pavilion
For any in-person events, our decision to hold the event will be subject to a full review of safety conditions, and all applicable health advisories. In-person events will reflect health guidance, venue requirements and restrictions, and with strict safety health protocols in place.
The Children’s Heart Foundation supports and encourages a safe gathering and event environment for our guests. Guests should consider their safety and comfort in choosing to attend our in-person event, and a virtual Walk Week participation option is available for guests who may not be comfortable attending in person. We will make face masks and hand sanitizer available at the event. Guests are asked to maintain appropriate social distancing. Unvaccinated guests are asked to wear face masks (with all guests welcome to wear masks if they wish), and all guests should wear masks when entering indoor areas including rest rooms, in addition to hand washing.
*Times may be adjusted. Please check back closer to walk day!
Parking Instructions and Details: Street and local lot parking is available at guest expense.