Thank you for visiting #teamchdaware's page. We're raising funds for the Children's Heart Foundation.
CHD or Congenital Heart Defects affect 1 in 100 children, and is the leading cause in deaths of infants caused from birth defects. It impacts a large amount of families who I love and includes my own.
Some of these individuals are some of the strongest that I know. Some have been battling and still battle with each beat, others are transplant recipients (transplant is NOT a cure and comes with its own complications) Some are in end stages of their battles with CHD, and others were not so fortunate and have lost their battles.
As such, we created #teamchdaware as apart of our team to raise awareness and advocate for Congenital Heart Defects.
CHD is near and dear to my heart for a few reasons:
1. My stillborn babygirl who had HLHS (hypoplastic left heart syndrome)
2. My daughter Gabby, who has 22Q Deletion/DiGeorges and underwent in-utero cardiac intervention at 32 weeks to repair her underdeveloped left ventricle. She was born with an ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect) PFO (Patent Foraman Ovule) and a Grade 3 murmur. Her ASD and VSD were repaired at BCH (Boston Children's Hospital) by Dr. Baird, and her PFO and murmur have resolved as of 12/5/2018.
3. My son has prolonged QT Syndrome (which in itself is not a CHD but it impacts the overall function of the heart. He's had multiple EKGs, and He has his first ever echocardiogram coming up on 9/25 by Dr. Robbins at UH Main)
4. My Stepsister, Bianca lost her battle with CHD when she had heart complications in 2017. She was closest to my baby sister, Felicia, and we love and miss her every day.
5. I have SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia) and have undergone multiple cardiac catheters, and two ablations as a result and am managed by medication (metoprolol)
6. My Uncle has an Aortic Anyerism and has undergone several procedures, surgeries and caths.
In addition to ny family history, I also walk in honor and memory of those who have lost their battle too soon.
Those that stick out to me are: Ryker Jason Warner (Miracle Ryker), Kaiden Cocoran (Amanda Farlers baby boy), Elias Probert (Laura Proberts baby boy), Richie (Little Richie's Smiles) Jasper (Jamala Murray Arlands son) and more recently, this amazing little girl named Evanna (The Irvine Home // Evanna's Special Heart) who lost her battle after years of fighting. Honestly, and Sadly, There are way too many to name here. Sorry if I left anyone out, but know I am walking in honor of your child(ren) who lost their battle too soon to CHD.
Lastly, I am walking in honor of children who currently battle with CHD. Sweet baby boy Brendan (Madi Skittlez Lachs baby boy). Layla (Love for Layla). Emalynn (Journey of the Heart: Emmalyn's Story), Breyleigh (Breyleigh's Brave Heart), Destiny (Destiny's CHD Journey), Landon (Love for Landon), Milo(Little Milos Heart) Nash (Alexsis Rickelle Hall's baby boy) The Stickrod Kiddos (Amanda Stickrods kids) Lily (Lilyana Warrior Princess) Lillian, Clara Rae , Emmett (Emmetts Special Heart), Lily (Bella Knapps daughter), Rory, Jacob (Jackie Norris' son), Amanda, Katherine.... There are honestly too many names to list here as well just know that I walk in honor of your children, as well as my own family and daughter.
And as you can see, it impacts a large amount of people, which is why we are #teamchdaware
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page for the Congenital Heart Walk. Raising funds for CHD research is critically important to all Heart Warriors and Heart Angels, and personally very meaningful to me.
Please help us to fund CHD research by making a donation to my personal fundraising page. Together we can make a life-saving difference!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.